Letter: Proposed draft of executive order for President Trump
To the Editor:
In accordance with Amendment II of the Constitution [“A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”], the following is an Executive Order to all agencies:
- Having occurred within the jurisdiction of a sovereign and free state, due deference, respect and cooperation is to be given to that State, its victims and its families;
- There will be no unnecessary communication that might inflame the situation;
- There shall be a thorough investigation relating to the event, the instrumentality used, the perpetrator’s conduct, his prior behavior, background, associations, social, family or other relevant history and facts.
- All agencies will report and make recommendations regarding (a) modification, change or institution of laws to the possible prevention of such events in the future; (b) possible detectable patterns of conduct, capture, detention and prosecution of any future perpetrator; (c) effective prohibition, or limitation to future manufacture, sale, ownership or possession of such instrumentality.
- Agency review will at a minimum, comprise review of existing or recommended policies concerning: (a) methods and means of information collection, reporting and sharing concerning the mentally ill, especially encouraging robust sharing between and among students, parents, educators local agencies, communities and medical professionals; (b) effective, and humane treatment, care, supervision and, where necessary, confinement of the dangerous mentally ill; (d) limiting, conditioning, and/or prohibiting the mentally ill, or any others evidencing actual or potential harmful intent, from possessing or obtaining similar instrumentality in the future, and, (e) taxing, regulating and/or banning similar instrumentality, except as shall be determined to be necessary protect the “bearing of arms. ... To protect the security of the free states” in “a well-regulated,” orderly manner.