In this week’s Ridgefield Press
Here’s a look at some of the headlines from this week’s Ridgefield Press:
- The Press staff hands out the hardware for 2017: What were the top stories? Who were the top athletes? Why is there still alternating traffic on Route 35? All these questions are answered in this week's paper. Oh what a year it was!
- The school district's business manager is stepping down at the end of the year. The Board of Education will be looking for his replacement next month and looking to make a hire in February.
- The town's finances are looking "clean," according to a state audit report that was given to the Board of Finance the week before Christmas.
- Speaking of the week before Christmas, the news was dominated by a dog named Texas — a state police bloodhound that went missing during a search and rescue on Wooster Mountain.
- It was a short paper this week so obituaries, legal notices, and community columns take up more than an eighth of this week's Press.
- The Ridgefield Press is on Facebook — become one of more than 5,256 friends and get news updates at Facebook.com/RidgefieldPress
- More than 19,017 people have signed up for Ridgefield Press news bulletins via Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/RidgefieldPress
- Don’t forget to sign up for Press alerts on our latest social media platform: Instagram. Go to www.instagram.com/ridgefieldpress/ or search @ridgefieldpress on the app.