Elementary schools begin kindergarten registration this week
Kindergarten registration for the 2019-20 school year will be held at each of the district’s six elementary school over the next several weeks.
Farmingville, Scotland, and Veterans Park will also hold registrations for parents that week. Farmingville on Tuesday, Feb. 26, Scotland on Thursday, Feb. 28, and Veterans Park on Friday, March 1.
Branchville will host their session Monday, March 4, and Ridgebury will have the last date Tuesday, March 5.
All children who reach the age of five on or before Jan. 1, 2020 are eligible for enrollment.
Under Connecticut State Statutes, the mandatory age for children to start school is five. Any parent who chooses to exempt his/her child from kindergarten must meet with the local school principal to complete exemption papers.
The Connecticut State Department of Health requires proof of immunizations and a complete physical examination within one year of entry. This information should be recorded on the State of Connecticut Health Assessment Record form.
What to bring
• Ridgefield Public Schools Registration Form completed.
• Original birth certificate (with raised seal) or unexpired passport. No copies accepted.
• Parent photo ID.
• Proof of residence (warranty deed, mortgage statement, tax bill, or lease agreement and two utility bills).
• Proof of the following immunizations with specific dates signed and stamped by your physician: DTaP, Polio, MMR, Hep B, Varicella, Hib, Pneumococcal, Hepatitis A. The detailed schedule of immunization requirements for enrolled students in Connecticut schools can be found on the RPS website.
A mini-kindergarten program and parent orientation will take place at all schools in May.
Each child will attend on a specific day for one hour with other pre-kindergarten students and parents will have the opportunity to listen to a presentation about kindergarten. Appointment times for Mini-Kindergarten Program will either be assigned to you or there will be an opportunity to sign up. The Mini-Kindergarten Program and parent orientation will take place on the same day at all schools with the exception of Branchville.
Please contact your school with questions. Elementary school principals will send information packets to those parents known to have prospective kindergartners. Parents of kindergarten-age children who have not received a packet should telephone their district school to obtain information and arrange a registration appointment as soon as possible.
- Barlow Mountain Elementary School 894-5800
- Branchville Elementary School 894-5850
- Farmingville Elementary School 894-5570
- Ridgebury Elementary School 894-5875
- Scotland Elementary School 894-5825
- Veterans Park Elementary School 894-5525