In this week's Ridgefield Press
Here’s a look at some of the headlines in this week’s Ridgefield Press:
- It must be Election season because the League of Women Voters is holding a forum for candidates next week at the library.
- Also, The Press has begun to receive letters for support — don't forget to write us who you think should be elected!
- They are far from the only letters we've received this past week. Editorial topics on page 4 (and 5) include: the proposed bed and breakfast Drive, the expansion of the town's central business district, Donald Trump and freedom of speech, and why Ridgefield is the best keep secret around.
- In sports, the boys soccer team is riding a five-game win streak, while the girls team remains unbeaten through seven games.
- The football team is also winning, too. And they're winning big. A pair of routs over the last week have the cumulative scoreboard reading: Tigers 95, Opponents 8.
- It's not all politics, opinions, and sports though: It was another busy week in Ridgefield as the school board sent out a survey to parents regarding start times. Also, in that same meeting, board members were told the budget has been frozen. Fun times!
- Inside the paper, former residents call on others to support hurricane relief funds for the Caribbean which has been devastated by Maria and Irma.
- The Ridgefield Press is on Facebook — become one of more than 5,099 friends and get news updates at Facebook.com/RidgefieldPress
- More than 18,625 people have signed up for Ridgefield Press news bulletins via Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/RidgefieldPress
- Don’t forget to sign up for Press alerts on our latest social media platform: Instagram. Go to www.instagram.com/ridgefieldpress/ or search @ridgefieldpress on the app.