In this week's Ridgefield Press
Here’s a look at some of the headlines from this week’s Ridgefield Press:
- It was a big week — and still is — for Ridgefield High School athletics. Four teams advanced to the state semifinals last weekend, with the games being played throughout the week. Boys volleyball won its semifinal contest Monday, girls lacrosse advanced Tuesday night in a thriller. Boys lacrosse and baseball were set to play Wednesday. This week's paper covers the past week in sports — a historic one for the spring programs.
- A new club — The Ridgefield Fathers Club — is meeting on the first Thursday of every month with the goal of creating fun outings for dads who want to make new friends. The first event was held at the Prospector Theater last month where the group went to go see 'Solo: A Star Wars Story.' Next up? Rock climbing? A family barbecue? Wine tours? The world is their oyster. Read more on page 8.
- The schools are looking to craft a new homework policy. Got an opinion? The Board of Education meets Monday, June 11.
- The Affordable Housing Committee meets next Wednesday for those who want to help create more diverse housing opportunities in Ridgefield.
- Last week's Memorial Day Parade celebrated a female veteran who served during World War II. Read about her story on page 2.
- Speaking of patriotic events. Flag Day is next Thursday, June 14. The town has plans. Read more on page 4.
- Last week's meeting with several arts organizations drew some disdain over plans for a proposed amphitheater at the former Schlumberger site off of Sunset Lane and Old Quarry Road.
- On Sunday, Cub Scouts will race go-karts down Governor Street from 1 to 4. The road will be closed.
- The Ridgefield Press is on Facebook — become one of more than 5,469 friends and get news updates at Facebook.com/RidgefieldPress
- More than 19,746 people have signed up for Ridgefield Press news bulletins via Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/RidgefieldPress
- Don’t forget to sign up for Press alerts on our latest social media platform: Instagram. Go to www.instagram.com/ridgefieldpress/ or search @ridgefieldpress on the app