In this week’s Ridgefield Press
Here’s a look at some of the headlines from this week’s Ridgefield Press:
- Town expects year-end surplus to be around $300,000.
- Parents call for removal of Scotland principal.
- Family Fourth offers fun, fireworks, and food.
- RHS Class of 2018: A class of activists and athletes, now graduated.
- Town Hall's elms are going — soon.
- Selectmen ditch 'bandshell' talk, seek fall hearings for final Schlumberger parcel.
- Girl Scouts earn Gold Award.
- An editorial on social media restraint.
- A column reviewing America's revolutionary history.
- A July 25 public hearing for food trucks at the brewery.
- Less homework for Ridgefield students, thanks to a new set of rules.
- Meals on Wheels offers special summer deal.
- Prospector documentary launches screening tour.
- Legion team wins third straight.
- Lapple makes her mark on the golf course.
- And plenty of Ridgefield happenings: SummerFest, CHIRP concerts, continuing education courses, Nutmeg Festival, Watermelon Fest, Founders Hall art exhibit, and Narcan training.
- Ridgefield Supply installs more than 500 solar panels.
- The Ridgefield Press is on Facebook — become one of more than 5,499 friends and get news updates at Facebook.com/RidgefieldPress
- More than 19,717 people have signed up for Ridgefield Press news bulletins via Twitter. You can, too, by stopping by twitter.com/RidgefieldPress
- Don’t forget to sign up for Press alerts on our latest social media platform: Instagram. Go to www.instagram.com/ridgefieldpress/ or search @ridgefieldpress on the app