Dress for Success: Girl Scouts seek community donations for year-end project
Every spring, Ridgefield Girl Scouts selects an organization to contribute to with an end of the year community service project. This year, the Girl Scouts will again support Dress for Success (mid-Fairfield County).
The Girl Scouts are seeking seasonal spring and summer business attire, including women’s new or gently loved suits, career blazers, blouses, pants, and skirts.
There are two donation drop-off points in town the Ridgefield Recreation Center and Colonial Cleaners on Catoonah Street. Both are collecting now through Monday, June 10
At the rec center, there is a clothing rack and large green donation box at the interior entrance. At Colonial Cleaners, residents are asked to bring clothing donations needing dry cleaning to the desk.
The following items are most need at Dress for Success:
- Gift Cards to Plus Size Stores (Please email or call to arrange a pick up. Info below.)
- New or gently used pocketbooks or work totes
- Spanx or Spanx-like body shapers in extra large sizes
- Hosiery in C sizes
- Shoes in larger sizes, 10, 11, 12
- Plus size pants sizes 12, 14, 16 and up
- Plus size clothing in sizes 18 up and 1X-4X
- Jewelry that is work appropriate
- Toiletries: new and unused creams, body lotion, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes and deodorant
Clothing and accessories must be in style (not more than 3 years old), in new or gently loved condition, freshly laundered or dry cleaned.
Donations in need of dry cleaning can be brought to Colonial Cleaners where they be cleaned free of charge. Colonial will then store donations for the Girl Scouts.
Any questions, call Patty Labozzo at 914 815-1900, or email firstname.lastname@example.org