The Ridgefield Historical Society is pleased to present Sundays at the Schoolhouse on July 29, from 1 to 4 p.m., rain or shine. This afternoon series is free to the public and engages visitors of all ages through interactive tours of the schoolhouse and hands-on learning experiences with docents and historical craft makers from the Colonial era. On July 29, the Sundays at the Schoolhouse program will feature a quill writing demonstration and a 1929 Model A Ford Roadster Pickup Truck, owned by Jerry Reuben of Ridgefield Hardware. An ice cream truck will be on the premises for frozen treats. The Peter Parley Schoolhouse, also known as the West Lane Schoolhouse or the Little Red Schoolhouse, was in operation from 1753 to 1915 and served five generations of Ridgefielders. The schoolhouse retains it authentic interior and is filled with period-appropriate desks, texts, workbooks, toys, and memorabilia. On the tour, learn about Samuel Goodrich (alias Peter Parley), a Ridgefield native and one of the most famous children\u2019s book authors of his time, who attended the school from 1799 to 1803. The town of Ridgefield owns the Schoolhouse and its grounds. In February 2012, the Ridgefield Historical Society took over its operations and, today, it is open the last Sunday of the month from May to October. The Ridgefield Historical Society is committed to enhancing its public outreach to the community, both at the Scott House and the Peter Parley Schoolhouse, as well as in collaboration with local institutions. For more information, please visit ridgefieldhistoricalsociety.org, call 203-438-5821, or email email@example.com. The Sundays at the Schoolhouse program is generously supported by Fairfield County Bank.