Sundays at the Schoolhouse will offer Halloween stories Oct. 28
The Ridgefield Historical Society presents the last Sundays at the Schoolhouse program of the season on Oct. 28, from 1 to 4 p.m., rain or shine at the Peter Parley Schoolhouse (intersection of West Lane and Route 35). This afternoon series is free to the public and engages visitors of all ages through interactive tours of the schoolhouse and special programming.
Join us for an afternoon of ghost stories, poems and songs told by Martha Bishop, a former teacher and member of the Connecticut Storytelling Center.Through her extensive research, Ms. Bishop has discovered that Connecticut is one of the most haunted states in the United States and that Fairfield County is the most haunted county in Connecticut. Halloween stories will be told at 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. A Halloween-decorated antique pickup truck will be parked in the front yard and an ice cream truck will be available for frozen treats.
The Peter Parley Schoolhouse, also known as the West Lane Schoolhouse or the Little Red Schoolhouse, was in operation from 1756 to 1915 and served five generations of Ridgefielders. The town of Ridgefield owns the schoolhouse and its grounds. In February 2012, the Ridgefield Historical Society took over its operations and, today, it is open the last Sunday of the month from May to October.
The Ridgefield Historical Society is committed to enhancing its public outreach to the community, both at the Scott House and the Peter Parley Schoolhouse, as well as in collaboration with local institutions. For more information call 203-438-5821, visit ridgefieldhistoricalsociety.org or email email@example.com. The Sundays at the Schoolhouse program is generously supported by Fairfield County Bank.