New Pond Farm to host Invitational Art Show June 1-
New Pond Farm will host the 2019 Invitational Art Show from June 1 through June 9 to benefit its Education Center
The show, which will have a special preview party for artists and guests on Friday, May 31, is the seventh biennial art show that showcases paintings, drawings and sculptures featuring the timeless themes of nature and agrarian life inspired by New Pond Farm.
More than 50 years ago, New Pond Farm was the home of founder, actress and environmentalist Carmen Mathews.
She wanted her beautiful 102 acres of pastures, woodlands and wetlands to serve as an oasis where people could connect with the natural world.
Since then, New Pond has evolved into a comprehensive educational center and working farm offering a signature summer camp for inner city and local children as well as a wide range of school and community programs.
We look forward to sharing this idyllic place where people can be immersed in its beauty and be inspired to become good stewards of the land.
On every acre, in all we do, we plant seeds for a lifetime of active engagement with the natural world.
New Pond Farm Education Center is located at 101 Marchant Road in West Redding. For more information, call 203-938-2117 or visit www.newpondfarm.org
Schedule of events
- May 31: Preview party, Friday 6-8 p.m. A special evening of beautiful art, lively conversation, and delicious refreshments. $25 per person, invited artists are free. $100 art patron receives 2 tickets and $50 toward art purchase.
- June 1-9, gallery hours: 10-5 daily. Admission is free. Visitors can browse through two rooms of beautiful artwork and portfolios in our Learning Center, enter a drawing for a one year membership to New Pond Farm, bid for an art treasure in our Silent Auction, enjoy free art demonstrations, workshops, and daily art activities for children.
- Daily Paint and Picnic daily from 10-5.
During the Art Show, New Pond Farm will be open to the community and everyone is invited to bring their art supplies and picnics to enjoy the farm “en plein air.” There will be exhibit space available for those wishing to display their work and a special drawing for participants.
Painting Demonstrations Schedule will be posted on newpondfarm.org
Other events include:
- Saturday, June 1, 1-3pm, Plein Air Painting with John Forgione (rain date 6/2)
- Sunday, June 9, 1-3pm, Still Life Painting with Adele Moros; Children’s Art Activities Free but space is limited. Pre-registration required.
- Monday, June 3, 4-5pm, Painted Paper Butterfly Collection
- Tuesday, June 4, 4-5pm, Handmade Nature Journals
- Thursday, June 6, 4-5pm, Artful Roosters
- Friday, June 7, 4-5pm, Painted Leaf Mandalas
- June 8 Earth Art 1-3 pm. For all ages. Join our friendly group of artists as we create earth friendly artwork using only the elements of nature and our bare hands and imagination.
- June 9, Closing Day with light refreshments, 10-5. Silent Auction and Drawing winners announced at 4 p.m.