In our last column we urged all Ridgefield residents to pay close attention to what is going on in Hartford. We used tolls as one example of Democratic policies being advanced that will hurt residents of Ridgefield and Connecticut. Since that article was written, the Democrats have put forward legislation and initiatives that will:
- Force Ridgefield and towns like ours to join with other cities and towns to regionalize our school system;
- Place a tax on groceries and medications;
- Create a statewide property tax;
- Create a statewide car tax; and
- Eliminate the tax deduction for 529 Education Plan contributions
This is a sampling of initiatives being proposed by the Democrats in Hartford. We should all be concerned about the direction of the state legislature and our state executives. The ramifications that these types of policies will have on Ridgefield will be disastrous to our town.
We urge all Republicans to get involved at the local level to serve and protect Ridgefield. Please join us on one of the upcoming events to see how you can help:
- Saturday Feb. 9, 8 to 10 a.m. — municipal elections, candidates, volunteers and Issues Forum #1
- Thursday, Feb. 21, 7:30 p.m. — monthly Republican Town Committee meeting
- Saturday, Feb. 23, 8 to 10 a.m. — municipal elections, candidates, volunteers and Issues Forum #2.
All events are held in Town Hall’s lower level large conference room at 400 Main Street.
It is time for a call to action! Please join us and get involved as a candidate or a volunteer. Please help protect Ridgefield from these policies. Rep. John Frey is working hard on Ridgefield’s behalf and needs our help and support.
And remember please pay close attention to what is going in in Hartford.
The Republican Town Committee meets monthly on the third Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in the lower level large conference room at Town Hall. All Republicans are welcome and are encouraged to attend and participate.