Can’t make it to the nearly sold-out 2019 Ridgefield Library Hot Stove League conversation with award-winning New York Mets play-by-play announcer Gary Cohen Saturday, Jan. 26? Don’t worry: There are other opportunities to step up to the plate and participate in a series of auctions for rare game-day experiences and exclusive signed memorabilia packages at the library over the next several weeks:
- An auction of four field-level tickets to a June 2019 Mets game at Citi Field, including four on-field passes to watch batting practice and a rare visit to the Ralph Kiner Broadcast Booth at the stadium. (Package courtesy of SportsNet New York – SNY, the Home for All Things New York Sports.)
- An auction of four seats in the Citi Pavilion (section 143) for the Saturday, April 27 game between the Mets and the Milwaukee Brewers, including four on-field passes to watch batting practice and complimentary beer, soda and snacks. (Package courtesy of Citibank.)
- World Series Heroes Package – MLB baseballs signed by Mookie Wilson and Tim Teufel of the 1986 World Champion New York Mets.
- Rising Stars Package – MLB baseballs signed by Amed Rosario and Stephen Matz of the 2019 New York Mets.
- Mets Hall of Fame Hero – MLB baseball signed by John Franco.
- Thanks for the “Metsmories” Package – Signed Wilmer Flores baseball cap and signed Jay Bruce baseball.
- Mets/Yankees Slugger – MLB baseball signed by Todd Frazier. (All memorabilia packages courtesy of the New York Mets.)
Attendance at the Hot Stove League event is not required to win any of these packages, but bids must be placed in person at the Library’s circulation desk before 3 p.m., Saturday, Jan. 26.
In addition to the auctions, the Hot Stove event will also feature raffle drawings for New York Mets and SNY memorabilia, including an official MLB baseball signed by SNY’s broadcasting team of Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling, as well as t-shirts, caps and jackets. Raffle ticket packages will begin at $5 and will be available at the Library on Saturday, Jan. 26, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Winners will be announced at the end of the Hot Stove program. (All raffle prizes courtesy of SNY.)
During the Jan. 26 Hot Stove event, SNY’s Gary Cohen will entertain questions from the audience, share anecdotes from his 30 years broadcasting the Mets and provide his take on the upcoming Major League Baseball season. He was recently inducted to the New York State Baseball Hall of Fame alongside his broadcasting partner and former Mets player Keith Hernandez. The event takes place from 2-3 p.m., with seating available starting at 1 p.m. Donation prices are $30 for adults and $15 dollars for children. Attendance is limited to 200 people, and an extremely limited number of tickets are still available online at www.ridgefieldlibrary.org or in person at the Ridgefield Library.