50 Years Ago: Postmaster Venus was invited to LBJ’s inaguration

Postmaster and Mrs. Richard Venus of Olmstead Lane were among the guests invited to the…


When 8.6% was a low school increase

Seeking an 8.6% spending increase — the lowest a Ridgefield school superintendent had asked for…


50 Years ago: Chief Brady retired, Sgt. Haight took over

After more than nine years as chief of the Ridgefield Police Department and almost 20…


50 Years Ago: Methodists burn, Christian Scientists build

The Rev. Walter S.R. Powell, pastor, gave the dedication speech and explained that the church voted to acquire the property, known as the Freund estate, when more room was needed for the church school. A mortgage for $40,000 was signed on July 8, 1958.


Leo lit trees 50 years ago, rascals and sin, Candlelight Shoppe opens

Ridgefield began getting ready for Christmas when two huge Christmas trees went up in front…

© Hersam Acorn. All rights reserved. The Ridgefield Press, 16 Bailey Avenue, Ridgefield, CT 06877

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress