April departs with a bang this weekend, with a dozen things to keep Ridgefielders busy.
- Show Name Here, an original play, will be staged by RHS students Friday.
- Jerrod Spector of Jersey Boys will be at the Playhouse Friday.
- Rid Litter Days will help the town shine Saturday and Sunday.
- Handel’s opera Giullo Cesare will be in HD Saturday at the Playhouse.
- The Battle of Ridgefield will be remembered in two walks Saturday.
- Drugs are being collected at the police station Saturday (as well as other days).
- Drumming for the whole family will be the focus of a library program at the Rec Center Saturday.
- Graveyard tours, with a Civil War slant, will be offered Sunday.
- The Bandjam will keep the Playhouse rocking Sunday.
- Ralph Vaughn Williams works will be performed Sunday at First Congregational Church.
- A Chili Festival will raise funds for Democrats Sunday.
- A Walk and Talk with artists will be featured at the Guild of Artists Sunday.
- A Choral Evensong is planned at St. Stephen’s Sunday.
Details on all of these events will be found in this week’s Press. The basics on many are in the Datebook.
For information on regional events, see Arts & Leisure’s This Weekend listings.