The long Martin Luther King Day weekend offers a variety of cultural and historic activities.
- Ruthless!, the musical, is on stage Friday and Saturday at the Ridgefield Theater Barn.
- Spirituals will be sung Friday to remember Martin Luther King.
- A new show opens at the Ridgefield Guild of Artists Saturday.
- Benefit concerts for Newtown, each with many stars, will take place Saturday and Sunday at the Playhouse.
- Maria Stuarda will be shown in HD from The Met Saturday at the Playhouse.
- Wendell Castle’s furniture will be the subject of a tour Saturday at the Aldrich.
- Families are also the focus at the Aldrich Saturday.
- The winter skies will be eyed Saturday by the Discovery Center.
- Martin Luther King will be celebrated Monday at town hall.
- A storyteller will be at the Recreation Center Monday.
Details on all of these events will be found in this week’s Press. The basics on many are in the Datebook.
For information on regional events, see Arts & Leisure’s This Weekend listings.