This weekend in Ridgefield offers many events, most Christmas-oriented.
- Debbie Gravitte and Friends will salute the season at the Ridgefield Playhouse Friday.
- The Night Before Christmas will be read, and crafts made, in a Keeler Tavern kids program Friday.
- Festive Home continues at the Guild of Artists Friday through Sunday.
- Ridgefield Responds will be collecting for the Rockaways Saturday.
- School bus drivers are collecting for the needy Saturday.
- Nuts About the Nutcracker will benefit special needs kids Saturday.
- The Nutcracker itself will be performed by the Ridgefield School of Dance Saturday.
- The MacDonald Pin Dancers will enterain Saturday at the Rec Center.
- The skies will be eyed by the Discovery Center Saturday evening.
- The Living Nativity will take place in front of Jesse Lee Methodist Church Saturday, followed by a concert.
- Verdi’s Aida will be broadcast in HD at the Playhouse Saturday.
- The Christmas Concert at First Congregational Church is Sunday.
- John Fullbright, just nominated for a Grammy, will sing for Acoustic Celebration Sunday.
- Jazz/folk fusion is the specialty of Eric Hutchinson, at the Playhouse Sunday.
- Original poetry will be read Sunday at the Theater Barn.
Details on all of these events will be found in this week’s Press. The basics on many are in the Datebook.
For information on regional events, see Arts & Leisure’s This Weekend listings.